Saturday, December 24, 2011

Angel's Doubt - Chapter 8 [incomplete]

Got my manga in today and Angel's Doubt volume two was part of it. I also got all the current volumes of Kaizoku to Ningyou so I might consider translating that too.
I'm not going to translate the previous chapter of AD in volume 2 because Storm in Heaven already did before they closed. I'm not a big fan of scanlations, but I'm also really lazy so... owo

I'm still waiting for volume 2 of Aruosumente to release. According to Aki on her twitter, there were some issues that happened so volume 2 was delayed until around January or February 2012.
________________________________________

Chapter 8

Characters:
Force Caluanthes
Riku [Actual name is Licht, AD is set in Germany so his name is German for light. Riku is his nickname.]
Ziz
Yoneda
Eiri Lawrence
Randy Galancia [older brother]
George Galancia [younger brother]


Pg 49 of book

Eiri:
Brother, are you doing well?
Everything's the same and what's changed seems to become more interesting.
Unfortunately, as usual I'm doing fine.
...I'm not writing much.
I don't have much to write
I'll list what I see in front of me right now.
Pen, ink bottle, window
Outside of the window is mountains.
Mountains, mountains, mountains, mountains, mountains...
This should be enough to fill one page.
Yoneda:
Eiri-sama
Once again you've finished writing too soon...!!
Eiri:
It's alright isn't it? I always do this
Yoneda:
You shouldn't!!
Eiri: [writing]
Yoneda found out and got angry at me. Next time I'll...
Yoneda:
Don't stop your letters short by writing about me!!
But anyway, there sure are a lot of mountains.
Because I didn't know the Galancia's place lived like this.
Eiri:
...Yoneda you-
Completely left him out of your sight right?
Yoneda:
Him?
Eiri:
Force Caluanthes. He was downstairs just now, wasn't he?
Yoneda:
Ah... He was quite something today
Eiri:
Right
He went shopping in that outfit. He probably attracted all of the townsfolk's attention with it!
Yoneda:
Eh!? If we went with them, it's be embarassing! (I wouldn't like that!! ;;)

Force:
Yo, give all of the best meat you've got.
Riku:
(Meat...)

-

Eiri:
...This is quite marvelous.
This stone is of first class material. It isn't inferior to those of the kings.
George:
As expected of Eiri-sama!
You understand completely...!
This ring was made by the same artisan that made the ring the ancient royal Findle wore on his finger during the wedding ceremony...
Eiri:
Ah, that's right, the royal Findle's...
This has the usual style of the artisan that made that ring. And if I remember correctly it's
"Purple Clouds"* and the same artisan is...
George:
You're familiar with the "Purple Clouds"? [Edit: George means more like Eiri knows things about the Purple Clouds and saw it before.]
Eiri:
In royal Findle's son's wedding ceremony, the ring was put on display.
It was truly a wonderful ring that would forever be their most prized possession.
George:
-...Certainly, Eiri-sama is correct

Eiri:
Hm?
Yoneda:
That was George Galancia.
Just then you were talking about a renown stone...
Eiri-sama really knows and has seen everything.
Eiri:
What's the matter?
Yoneda:
Normally people wouldn't know this.

[Will continue later]
_________________

*Reference to the clouds Buddha rides when welcoming the dead. Makes sense Eiri knows this since he seems to be of Japanese blood [likely part Japanese, since his last name is English but his first name is Japanese] and he is close to Yoneda, who is 100% Japanese.

Response to this chapter:

The first thing that jumped out at me was that Aki's art became more refined. Looks like she's starting to pay more attention to her art in AD now instead of focusing completely on Aruosumente.
Overall this chapter was pretty mellow, as always. Yoneda and Ziz yelling at their young masters. Riku getting drenched again. Barbecue party [wtf]. Eiri doing recondite things that Yoneda doesn't understand... Riku's misunderstandings... Force being pissed at everyone. But like all AD chapters, it implicitly develops the story. As a reader, you get to know more about the Galancia brothers in this chapter. For the first time, Randy appears, though in a flash back. He and the Force gang were eating barbecue in the woods. Idk why since that was never explained. I think it's supposed to be for comedic effect, since Eiri and Yoneda were pretty shocked to find the Force gang in the woods barbecuing.
My only complaint is that Eiri uses really big and fancy words. ): He should be more like Force, who uses slang all the time. [lol]

3 comments:

  1. hahaha! thank you for posting this. I have been collecting this manga, but... I can't read a lick of Japanese! I wish I did, the story is so ridiculously good. This chapter looked funny, and even more so with your insights. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ;w; but I can't guarantee that it's accurate orz My Japanese level is about as good as a 2nd grader's.

      But yes the story's amazing asdfghjkl; Aki's truly a hidden gem! Her works are beautiful and amazing complex ><

      Delete
  2. Add me to the lehst list, so I also thank you from the bottom of my heart. Even a simple synopsis is golden, so thanks. A lot. ^__^

    ReplyDelete